I was fortunate enough to chat with Vinny Lingham of Civic, one of the leading cryptocurrencies in the identity space. If you don’t know who Vinny is, here’s a quick bio:
Entrepreneur. Dragon. Angel. Shark. Vinny Lingham is a 4-time successful startup founder & CEO. His latest venture, Civic just sold $33 million tokens during its June 2017 token sale event. He was previously the founder and CEO of Gyft & Yola, Inc. that sold to First Data Corporation in 2014.
- 3:30 – Growing up in South Africa
- 9:30 – Explaining emerging tech to newbies
- 16:50 – Vinny’s last big company, Gyft
- 25:42 – Introduction to Civic business model
- 33:00 – The Civic monetization strategy
- 38:30 – Who would be the best client to get?
- 44:00 – The Civic ICO and what worked, didn’t work
Here are some of the resources mentioned:
- Jim Collins Book, Great By Choice – http://amzn.to/2zWqA4a
- Civic Website: https://www.civic.com/
- Vinny on Twitter: https://twitter.com/VinnyLingham